Because of the successor products Prog-Studio 9 and Prog-Express the only practical usage of Prog-Studio 6 is to control obsolete pre-USB programming devices like the EPROM Programmer 4.
For developing microcontroller applications please take a look onto the new Prog-Studio 9 software and for the USB programmers please use the Prog-Express Software (Freeware).
Aside from basic functions such as the reading, programming, comparison copying and erasure of chips in the Batronix programming devices, the Prog-Studio 6 software offers numerous other functions. The Hex/ASCII editor gives you many options for working with the component contents, and the MC editor integrates a comprehensive compiler/assembler/debugger for developers of microcontroller applications.
- Data can be loaded and saved in the binary, Intel-Hex, Motorola-S and other formats.
- The simple editing of data in the Hex editor with a comparison function as well as area processing
- Burning data onto a memory chip with a click of the mouse
- Special settings such as burning from/to a certain memory address (offset) as well as separation into even and odd addresses (splitting odd/even) are supported.
- Serial burn function for the production of large numbers of items with identical data
- Data comparison function (verify) with bit-to-bit comparison.
- Automatic comparison of the check sum during comparison (verify)
- Calculation of the check sum for editor data
- Assembler/compiler for all MCS-51 microcontrollers (8051,...,80C535,...,89C2051,...,89C52,...,89S8252,...)
- Important information is always at hand with the supplementary "Commands" window. The hexcode, as well as the required bytes and machine cycles, are also shown for each command.
- Speedy navigation and improved overview with the supplementary "jump marks" window. The selected routine or jump mark is displayed at a click of the mouse.
- Notes can be stored in the supplementary "Notes" window and are managed separately for each created program.
- Basic support for the simple programming of frequently required partial functions such as conditions (If...Else) or loops (For...), nesting possible up to 99 levels
- Integrated debugger with single step function and stop points directly in the source code! Display of all registers (SFR) and memory addresses (RAM as well as external RAM).
- Support for all common number formats (decimal, hexadecimal, binary + ASCII), data fields (DB, DW) and allocation (EQU, BIT, DATA) as well as special directions for debugging (STOP, #IF DEBUGGING, #IF NOT DEBUGGING)
- Modular programming through the integration of header/assembler files via INCLUDE and integration of binary data via INCBYTES
- Direct assembly/compilation and burning of data in a Batronix programming device at the click of a mouse!
Supports all usual file formats like binary, intel hex and motorola hex
Data and chip offsets
Complete 16 and 32 Bit splitting functions
Very comfortable and feature rich
None (discontinued since July 2006). Pleae take a look at the successor projects Prog-Studio 9
(for µC Development) and Prog-Express
(as control software for Batronix Programming devices)
Supported operation systems
Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, 2003
Windows 7 and Windows Vista won't be supported!
Download Software and Manuals
Prog-Studio Version 6.0.9 (19. July 2006)
File size: around 6.5 MiB
There are two handbooks for the Prog-Studio 6 software available. The first part explains the general using of the software, the hex-editor mode and the programming of chips. The second part explains the assembler/compiler for developing of microcontroller applications. Since the most user will need only the first part, we have splitted the handbook into two parts.
Prog-Studio Manual Part 1
File size: around 0.8 MiB
Prog-Studio Manual Part 2
File size: around 0.5 MiB